The amazing Tibetan Bowls with Emerita is back every Friday evening. The perfect way to wind down from your week and prepare for the weekend. Experience the soothing vibrations for a deep relaxation to restore your whole system. Perfect as days become shorter and we adjust to the changing season.
Deeply healing for the body & mind, sound therapy restores the energy flow and calms the nervous system. It can be used to help physical and emotional conditions and reduce stress, enhance mental clarity and improve sleep. The class is taken lying down in a supported comfortable position allowing for very deep relaxation. You will need your mat, cushion and a couple of blankets for maximum comfort and an eye pillow if you wish.
Emerita is a holistic therapist and also a music teacher. She offers extensive holistic therapies including many types of massage, Tibetan cupping, Japanese Reiki and Ayurvedic treatments. Sound therapy with Tibetan Bowls is a powerful tool and Emerita now brings this therapy to a weekly group session at the Centre allowing her to beautifully combine her skills as a therapist and a talented musician.
What is Sound Healing?
Tibetan Singing Bowls have been used for centuries for healing and meditation purposes. They create a range of sounds to restore the normal vibratory frequencies of diseased and out-of-harmony parts of the body, mind and soul. Healing processes are initiated through entraining our brainwaves to synchronize with the perfect resonance of the bowls.
The aim of healing sound and vibration therapy is to restore the body’s harmony and create the perfect state for deep relaxation of the body and nervous system. The sound frequencies created by Tibetan Singing Bowls restore and optimize the flow of energy in the parts of the body where this is required. When striking a special stick into a bowl, a strong vibration spreads throughout the body, which is up to 75 percent of water and the result is a subtle internal massage of all body cells.
What are the Benefits of Sound Healing?
• The sound and vibration therapy helps when you have problems with stress, neurosis, anxiety and depression.
• It can also benefit those with insomnia, headaches, high blood pressure, chronic fatigue, neurological issues, and many other conditions.
• Following a session you may benefit from reduced stress, normal heart rate, a sense of calm and peace, mental clarity, enhanced creativity and improved sleep.
• Highly active people who thrive on stress may feel fatigued after a bowl session because they are not used to being in a relaxed state as the nervous system desperately needs the rest.
• For those with bottled up emotions, the bowls may bring about an emotional release in the hours or days following the session.
• A frazzled, tired or hypersensitive nervous system will trigger old habits and ways of responding but the soothing vibrations of the bowls have grounding and centring effect helping you to deal with all difficult situations with more balance.
• The sound frequencies created by Tibetan Singing Bowls restore and optimize the flow of energy in the parts of the body where this is required. Often injury and illness creates energy blockages which affect how we feel and think Sound healing can help spiritual growth and connection to our true nature and enhance a sense of wellbeing.
• Sound healing can bring great benefit in changing life circumstances including traumatic emotional events such as bereavement or breakups.
• The benefits are cumulative over time so regular sessions will bring even more benefit.
• The class is taken lying down in a supported comfortable position allowing for very deep relaxation which will benefit everybody.
Are there contraindications?
• Those who are currently undergoing chemotherapy or under treatment for cancer should wait until their treatment is finished then Sound therapy will be beneficial to restore energy and help with recovery
• Pregnant women are not advised to undertake sound therapy in the first 3 months of pregnancy but the baby will love it afterwards and it can be practiced right up until the birth
• Those with serious mental health problems should consult their doctor before receiving treatment
• If you suffer from epilepsy, have a pacemaker or metal implants please consult your doctor before taking the class